We offer a unique Mount Yasur Volcano and Safari Tour which takes you on a different route to all other tours offered on the island. Our tour gives our guests the opportunity to have a true experience of what Tanna beholds as you travel by 4 wheel drive to the far side of Tanna through the mountain region known as ‘Middle Bush’; passing by wild horses, coffee plantations and remote villages before crossing Mt. Loanialu at 522m, where you will see glimpses of the distant volcano, Tanna’s East coast, black sand surf beaches and Sulphur Bay. Trace your way across the moon like landscape of the SIWI ash plains to the Volcano entrance, where you will be greeted with Custom dancing and a safety briefing. Then take the 4WD drive track to the Volcano car park, and a short 10 min walk will take you to the rim of the crater where you will be able to experience the awesome majesty of the mighty Mount Yasur Volcano. A Multi-lingual guide will accompany you for informative and safety purposes. This tour departs daily between 2pm and 3pm (depending on the season), to ensure that you arrive at the volcano to experience the sun setting and the change in colour, as the molten lava lights up the sky at night.
The timing of our Volcano tour ensures the best of everything by:
– arriving at the Volcano whilst it is still light, to experience the sun setting and the change in colours
– staying after sunset to view the show at night as the molten lava lights up the sky.
The weather conditions at the Volcano are unpredictable; the management accepts no responsibility for impaired viewing due to rain, cloud or wind conditions – an extra layer of clothing and sturdy footwear is recommended.
• Tour orientation, Multi-lingual volcano guide services, Cultural Ritual Performance and refreshments are included
• This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 7.
• Those suffering neck or back injuries should advise the resort accordingly prior to participating in this tour.
Duration: 5-6 hours
VUV 15,750 / Adult
VUV 9,700 / Child